About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Celebrate your courage; send me a postcard.
- COMPLETED: 101 Things in 1001 Days
- Confronting the Abyss at Trapeze School New York
- Driving Lessons
- 47 Years of Great Rock: You Say It’s Your Birthday
- Hey, Raw Meat!
- Hiking the Inca Trail, Day 2: Nobody Messes with Dead Woman’s Pass
- How to eat real food in 8 easy steps
- I Bust a Move on Dance Central a/k/a Cartoons Pity Me in My Basement
- If You Give a Mom a Blog
- In the days of my youth… Listening to Led Zeppelin
- It took me only 13 days to stop complaining for a week
- Just let go: Jump off a cliff
- Love in a Mixtape
- Mamas, Don’t Let Your Babies in Cages with Tigers
- Sleepers: 10 movies you’ve never seen, but should
- The Grid: 101 Things and Beyond
Monthly Archives: March 2011
When I used to teach a film class, I started each class with a short “Clip of the Day” in which we discussed different genres or topics. I edited this video using moments from the various clips.
When Morgan at Life After Bagels posted her “Pipes Challenge,” I got the boost I needed for my own floundering push-ups challenge. I have been slogging away at them for about eight weeks. (Here is my original post “Push-ups Challenge.”) … Continue reading
(Internet Exile, Part One) Two quick observations after avoiding the Internet for a week: Wow, I waste a lot of time on the Internet. Man, I love the Internet. My students were born in 1998. They are shocked to hear … Continue reading
I am swearing off the Internet for a week. No Facebook, no email, no Huffington Post. I waste a lot of time mindlessly surfing the web, and I want to break the habit. I predict this will be a very … Continue reading