About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
- Stranger Things in the Age of Trump
- What the Duckpin?
- Fall Odds and Ends: Tailgating in Paradise
- Marcy climbed Marcy: She was a beast
- Feeling Blueberry: Summer Odds and Ends
- Wadsworth Falls and the Living is Easy
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Monthly Archives: March 2011
When I used to teach a film class, I started each class with a short “Clip of the Day” in which we discussed different genres or topics. I edited this video using moments from the various clips.
When Morgan at Life After Bagels posted her “Pipes Challenge,” I got the boost I needed for my own floundering push-ups challenge. I have been slogging away at them for about eight weeks. (Here is my original post “Push-ups Challenge.”) … Continue reading
(Internet Exile, Part One) Two quick observations after avoiding the Internet for a week: Wow, I waste a lot of time on the Internet. Man, I love the Internet. My students were born in 1998. They are shocked to hear … Continue reading
I am swearing off the Internet for a week. No Facebook, no email, no Huffington Post. I waste a lot of time mindlessly surfing the web, and I want to break the habit. I predict this will be a very … Continue reading