About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Of course my husband wants a pink, purple, and turquoise scarf
- Playing the bodhran, an Irish frame drum
- Endings and Beginnings: Day 30 of Posting Every Day for NaBloPoMo
- Four tales of gratitude
- 14 Years of “Boys, Look at Me”
- Fixing the Old Tennis Court Lights
- Jailhouse Rock
- Dijon that Passes Muster: Guess The Mystery Meal (Part 4)
- Size Does Matter: Little Trees and Stonehenge
- Christmas Riddles: A Fun Idea for Christmas Morning
Celebrate your courage; send me a postcard.
- 47 Years of Great Rock: You Say It’s Your Birthday
- 50, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Push-up
- A noob gets pwned: Giving World of Warcraft a try
- Driving Lessons
- Hey, Raw Meat!
- Hiking the Inca Trail, Day 2: Nobody Messes with Dead Woman’s Pass
- How to eat real food in 8 easy steps
- If You Give a Mom a Blog
- In the days of my youth… Listening to Led Zeppelin
- It took me only 13 days to stop complaining for a week
- Just let go: Jump off a cliff
- Love in a Mixtape
- Mamas, Don’t Let Your Babies in Cages with Tigers
- Sleepers: 10 movies you’ve never seen, but should
- The Grid: 101 Things and Beyond
Monthly Archives: March 2011
When I used to teach a film class, I started each class with a short “Clip of the Day” in which we discussed different genres or topics. I edited this video using moments from the various clips.
When Morgan at Life After Bagels posted her “Pipes Challenge,” I got the boost I needed for my own floundering push-ups challenge. I have been slogging away at them for about eight weeks. (Here is my original post “Push-ups Challenge.”) … Continue reading
(Internet Exile, Part One) Two quick observations after avoiding the Internet for a week: Wow, I waste a lot of time on the Internet. Man, I love the Internet. My students were born in 1998. They are shocked to hear … Continue reading
I am swearing off the Internet for a week. No Facebook, no email, no Huffington Post. I waste a lot of time mindlessly surfing the web, and I want to break the habit. I predict this will be a very … Continue reading