Macadamia cherry chocolate vegan cake pops

My entry in the vegan raw cake pop challenge:

Macadamia cherry chocolate vegan cake pops

• 1 1/2 cups raw macadamia nuts
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • pinch salt
  • 3/4 cup dried cherries
  • 10 medjool dates
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

I started with a cached recipe from here and switched up the ingredients.

I made a faux cream cheese frosting using Toffuti Better Than Cream Cheese, Earth Balance Spread, vanilla extract, and sweetener, based on a recipe here.

I ground up the macadamia nuts with the salt and cocoa. I mixed in the cherries, dates, vanilla extract, and a little water, until it stuck together and could be formed into balls.

I formed the mixture into balls and froze them.

I then applied the faux cream cheese frosting and froze them again.

They were good. I liked the cake more than the frosting, though.

Vegan Culinary Crusade

(Update: the frosting is not raw because the ingredients were cooked during processing, so my entry in the contest is without the frosting. A simple icing would work well for a topping.)

Here is a beautiful round-up of all of the entries. Congratulations to the winners!

#15. 101 things in 1001 days. Make vegan cake pops.

101 things in 1001 days

This entry was posted in 101 Things, Food and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Macadamia cherry chocolate vegan cake pops

1. Allison says:

These look amazing! I'm a baker too, and I'm always looking to try new kinds of recipes. You might want to check out the Anthus Channel at http://www.anthus.com – it’s a TV network that’s dedicated health/wellness, positivity, and social cause that we’re hoping to launch in November. We also have a great social network at http://www.anthussocial.com. I’d love your feedback. Thanks so much!
    Allison

2. sammy says:

These look fantastic … I'm going to have a go a them.

3. Nicole says:

The flavour combo sounds excellent. Thank you for entering the Raw Cake Pop Challenge, Marcy!

4. Sasha says:

These look great. I have been having a battle with mine. Way to go.

5. pip gray says:

this looks so amazing- chocolate, cherry and macadamia? so decadent! would you mind if i your first picture on my blog (with a link to this page of course)? i'm listing all the things i want to do this summer and making this recipe is definitely one of them! if your not comfortable with that then it's fine and thank you anyway for the wonderful recipe x

6. Marcy says:

Sure, that's fine, pip gray. Thanks!

7. pip gray says:

awesome, thank you very much, it'll be up in the next few days once I get everyone's permissions for pictures x

8. Pingback: Raw vegan savory ice cream sandwiches | (Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish

9. Jenni says:

Marcy,

These look great and delicious! Will try to make these as soon as I am in the U.S. (Puerto Rico doesn’t have dates available right now).

10. Pingback: Maple Macadamia Nut Butter and Back to School Oatmeal | | (Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish(Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish

11. Pingback: COMPLETED: 101 Things in 1001 Days | (Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish