About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Celebrate your courage; send me a postcard.
- COMPLETED: 101 Things in 1001 Days
- Confronting the Abyss at Trapeze School New York
- Driving Lessons
- 47 Years of Great Rock: You Say It’s Your Birthday
- Hey, Raw Meat!
- Hiking the Inca Trail, Day 2: Nobody Messes with Dead Woman’s Pass
- How to eat real food in 8 easy steps
- I Bust a Move on Dance Central a/k/a Cartoons Pity Me in My Basement
- If You Give a Mom a Blog
- In the days of my youth… Listening to Led Zeppelin
- It took me only 13 days to stop complaining for a week
- Just let go: Jump off a cliff
- Love in a Mixtape
- Mamas, Don’t Let Your Babies in Cages with Tigers
- Sleepers: 10 movies you’ve never seen, but should
- The Grid: 101 Things and Beyond
Monthly Archives: May 2011
I have an inordinate love of the movie Urban Cowboy. Little did I realize that there is a full-fledged Gilley’s-esque country Valhalla right in my midst at Cadillac Ranch. When I found out they had a mechanical bull, I knew … Continue reading
I am in the process of moving my blog from Blogger to here. Please update your bookmarks with the new address: http://www.tootimidandsqueamish.com/ It looks like the posts moved over fine. I lost the links to bloggers in the comments, though, … Continue reading
As a kid, I was steeped in a broth of James Bond, with a heavy dose of Dirty Harry mixed in. I also have a weirdly defective startle impulse and routinely scream during benign situations if I am surprised. People … Continue reading
UPDATE: My streak ended on day 1,043: The streak is dead; long live the streak. I love a good streak. I am on day 232 of walking at least 10,000 steps a day. Now, I know this is a little … Continue reading
I have a new digital SLR camera, but I am stuck shooting in auto mode. I had a photography class way back in high school, but remember nothing. I am thinking of taking an online digital photography class, and I … Continue reading
I am excited to join the Planks Challenge for the next six weeks. I am still in the midst of the push-ups challenge, so I plan to alternate days. For my pre-test today, I held a plank for one minute. … Continue reading
I have put up an About page. Check it out.