About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Half Behind, Half Ahead: A Photo-a-Day Roundup
- Eagles, Ospreys, and 42 Too: A Connecticut River Cruise
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Monthly Archives: May 2011
I have an inordinate love of the movie Urban Cowboy. Little did I realize that there is a full-fledged Gilley’s-esque country Valhalla right in my midst at Cadillac Ranch. When I found out they had a mechanical bull, I knew … Continue reading
I am in the process of moving my blog from Blogger to here. Please update your bookmarks with the new address: http://www.tootimidandsqueamish.com/ It looks like the posts moved over fine. I lost the links to bloggers in the comments, though, … Continue reading
As a kid, I was steeped in a broth of James Bond, with a heavy dose of Dirty Harry mixed in. I also have a weirdly defective startle response and routinely scream during benign situations if I am surprised. People … Continue reading
UPDATE: My streak ended on day 1,043: The streak is dead; long live the streak. I love a good streak. I am on day 232 of walking at least 10,000 steps a day. Now, I know this is a little … Continue reading
I have a new digital SLR camera, but I am stuck shooting in auto mode. I had a photography class way back in high school, but remember nothing. I am thinking of taking an online digital photography class, and I … Continue reading
I am excited to join the Planks Challenge for the next six weeks. I am still in the midst of the push-ups challenge, so I plan to alternate days. For my pre-test today, I held a plank for one minute. … Continue reading
I have put up an About page. Check it out.