April, May, and June, 2011
As I look back on my first three months of trying to complete 101 things in 1001 days, sensations spring to mind: shooting a zombie in the face, hugging a full-grown hot dog man, crunching bean sprouts in my oatmeal, hearing the nostalgic hiss of a vinyl record, ruing my confused ineptitude during a Zumba class, getting flung off an enormous fake bull.… It’s been a thrill so far!
Tasks I accomplished:
#17: Try Zumba.
#21: Make eggplant lasagna.
#68: Get a graphic that represents “(Don’t Be) Too Timid and Squeamish” (I made the header.)
#77: Make my own hummus.
#81: Cook something with tofu or tempeh.
Tasks I am working on:
- The Third Man. (Enjoyed this.)
- The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. (“Badges? We ain’t got no badges. We don’t need no badges. I don’t have to show you any stinking badges.”)
- Das Boot (Loooooonnnggg! I struggled to stay awake through two DVDs of this!)
- The Prestige (Enjoyed this.)
- The Great Dictator (Enjoyed this.)
- The King’s Speech (Enjoyed this.)
- Touch of Evil (Long and boring, with some good spots.)
- How to Train Your Dragon (OK.)
- Dial M for Murder (Enjoyed this.)
- Mary and Max (A treat!)
- Kind Hearts and Coronets (Pleasantly surprised.)
- Let the Right One In (Very creepy!)
- Savory oatmeal with fried egg and parmesan
- Mediterranean savory oatmeal
- Curried oatmeal with caramelized onions
- Oatmeal congee