Photo by FadderUri
One of the tasks on my 101 things list is to comment on 50 random blogs. I have been making a comment or two a day on some random blogs. It has been fun so far, as I have been checking out blogs that are out of my usual sphere of attention.
My first obstacle was trying to decide how to find blogs randomly. Once I would search for one, it wouldn’t be random, right? I stumbled upon a blog topic generator and decided to use it. For each randomly assigned blog topic, I Googled the phrase and commented on one of the top hits that I found (after filtering for blogs). I didn’t want to spam anyone (“Thanks for the awesome posting. It saved MUCH time” is my #1 most received comment these days ), so I bypassed ones when I couldn’t think of something meaningful to say; I also bypassed ones that seemed set up just to sell something, so I guess I wasn’t completely random after all.
Randomly found topics and blog posts that I have commented on so far:
- A business that builds itself – The Snowball Effect
- All the jobs you’ve ever worked — Manly Jobs: The Toughest Job You’ve Ever Worked
- The evolution of religion — A rant on the evolution of religion
- Your favorite Christmas — #228 Watching the Christmas episode of your favorite sitcom in the completely wrong month
- The most terrifying animal — 8 of the most terrifying legendary creatures
- A Blog — Reasons to not be popular
- People who don’t wake up early — Working Too Hard
- Using public restrooms — PBA: Public Bathroom Anxiety
- Television series that have gone bad — Good shows gone bad
- Studying abroad (I think “studying a broad” would get much different hits) — 10 Mistakes I Made While Studying Abroad
- Polyrhythms — The Wub Machine
- The best form of travel — The best way to travel
- How to create your own comic — Create Your own Meme Comics with Rage Builder [Geek Fun]
- Sailing across the Atlantic — Sailing Across the Atlantic — With Babies
- How you define ‘normal’ — How do you define normal?
(Update: 35 more comments.)
P.S. The blog topic generator page was down the last time I checked. I will add a link to it if it goes back up.
Do you usually make a comment on new blogs that you check out?
#24. 101 things in 1001 days: Comment on 50 random blogs.