Meatless bento

It’s not often that I get excited about a lunch box, but this one is pretty cool, and it got me to finally pack a meatless bento lunch. It created quite the buzz in my school faculty room, much to my dismay. (I’m timid, remember.)

I started with leftovers from my Meatless Monday meal, Noodle Salad with Mmmm Sauce. The salad was delicious, crunchy and creamy with a variety of textures and flavors. To round out my lunch, I added leftover Butternut Squash “Meatball” Patties. I liked the spice in these. I also had marinated tomato and basil, a plum with Greek yogurt and honey, and a few cocoa-covered almonds.

And, of course, RockStar magnets…

You can check out other bento boxes here: hapa bento Flickr group

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Meatless bento

1. Shannon says:

That is one cool lunchbox!! 😀

2. That’s a super cool lunch box! I likes it! The rock star magnets top it off! 😀 That pasta looks so good 😛
    Shannon ~ My Place In The Race recently posted..It’s Tuesday!My Profile

3. I love bento boxes- they’re so fun. My mom is always sending me cute pictures of bento boxes and such.

4. The bento box looks awesome! I want some of those noodles :)
    Natalie @ will jog for food recently posted..It’s Rainin Food TrucksMy Profile

5. Butternut meatballs?!? Ohmigosh! I’ve got to try that sounds delish!

6. Nat says:

Love your bento box ..and the food inside!
    Nat recently posted..Waiting…My Profile

7. haley says:

Where did you get that bento box?! I have been looking for something like that forever!

8. Cathy says:

Wow, quite an interesting mix! Beats the usual boring sandwich any day! Found you via Weekend Rewind :)
    Cathy recently posted..Knights in Coloured ArmourMy Profile

9. Mrs Catch says:

Mmm this looks delicious. What a great lunchbox!
    Mrs Catch recently posted..Sunday selections: The Vegetarian Debate.My Profile

10. I love that box! Perhaps I would be more inclined to pack better lunches if I had a box like that…

Visiting via the REwind.
    Life In A Pink Fibro recently posted..Fibro Q&A: On becoming a cookbook writer (blog to book)My Profile

11. MultipleMum says:

I could happily take a lunchbox like that to work Marcy. Cool as. And the contents look scrumptious too. Thanks for Rewinding x
    MultipleMum recently posted..Weekend Rewind – Most popular post (statistically speaking)My Profile