July, August, and September, 2011
With a trip to Greece and a hurricane, the last three months have been a whirlwind, and I got a lot done on my 101 things in 1001 days list. Now that I’m back to teaching and heading into fall, I’m sure things will slow down. Here’s a recap of the last three months.
- Proudest moment: Completing 50 consecutive push-ups
- Most n00bie moment: Floundering through World of Warcraft
Tasks I accomplished:
#23: Eat pizza at Pepe’s.
#39. Go to Greece.
- Fifth: Basil pesto oatmeal
#60. Get a pedicure.
#74: Make butter.
#88. Give away or throw out the collection of stained glass pieces and scraps in the basement.
#93. Go to the beach again.
#97. Make another Shutterfly book.
Tasks I am working on:
- City of God (Loved it–had actually already seen it, though, and watched it again)
- King Kong (Screaming at its finest)
- Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (I wish filibusters were still like this!)
- All About Eve (Enjoyed it)
- The Thing (Dreadful–how is this on the list?)
- Night of the Hunter (Great first half)
- Harvey (Enjoyed it)
- The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (Enjoyed it)
- The Killing (Enjoyed it)
- Nights of Cabiria (Enjoyed it)
- Ben-Hur (Enjoyed it)
- Stalag 17 (OK)
- Witness for the Prosecution (Oops, I only got halfway through this before it got deleted from my Tivo; I’ll have to get it again.)
- The Secret in Their Eyes (Enjoyed it)
- Infernal Affairs (The Departed is based on it; enjoyed it)
#24: Comment on 50 random blogs. (15/50)
#32: Walk 10,000 steps a day for an average of six days a week. The streak continues.
#96: See at least five live shows. (1/5)