Scavenger Hunt Sunday (September 11, 2011)

For Scavenger Hunt Sunday this week, people took photos related to the following five prompts.

1. Bokeh

In the bokeh (blur) in the background of this Meatless Mondays meal are lemon, cilantro, and Mmmm sauce. (I really like my blurred son in the background of this gelato picture from last month, too.)

2. Process of Elimination

SOOC (straight out of camera)

SOOC serve 1

SOOC serve 2

SOOC serve 3

My day at the US Open gave me a lot of opportunities to practice the process of elimination. Between being too far away or having obstacles blocking my view, I was able to improve my photos through cropping.

3. Remember

(Archive) My older boy entered high school this month. I remember his first day of kindergarten so clearly. This photo makes me so happy and sad.

4. Statues

(Archive) When this “living statue” came to life to thank us for our donation, she startled my little boys, who had thought she was a real statue. Grafton Street, Dublin. (Update–Read about her in this 42-word poem: The Angel of Grafton Street.)

5. Flying High

The flag flew high over a memorial service today to mark the tenth anniversary of 9/11.

Thanks for visiting! You can see how others interpreted the themes by clicking on the button below.

This entry was posted in Photography Challenge and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Scavenger Hunt Sunday (September 11, 2011)

1. Oohh I like that statue – I never realised that they had living statues in Dublin! I must get my mum to seek them out the next time they are shopping there.
    Rosie@leavesnbloom recently posted..Scavenger HuntMy Profile

2. Patrice P says:

Great shots – I love Remember and Flying High!

3. Heather says:

Great photos…the US Open ones are so fun.
    Heather recently posted..My First Scavenger Hunt Sunday …My Profile

4. Kathy says:

Oh my goodness, your “remember” shot almost made ME tear up! What an expression on his face and sense of motion in that capture. I’m sure it brings back tons of memories. Wonderful collection you’ve got here 🙂

Kathy

5. Kat Sloma says:

You have such great examples of the Process of Elimination! Thanks for sharing these. When you can’t get close enough, cropping makes all the difference. So glad you linked in to Exploring with a Camera!
    Kat Sloma recently posted..From Where I StandMy Profile

6. Saun in Ohio says:

Great shots * My favorite is remember and your statue photo is awesome.
    Saun in Ohio recently posted..Scavenger Hunt Sunday 9/11/2011My Profile

7. Ashley Sisk says:

Nicely done – I really like your process of elimination shot!
    Ashley Sisk recently posted..Shoot and Edit: Week 36 – Night Shots SOOCMy Profile

8. Great pictures!! I love the tennis ones! 🙂
    Shannon ~ My Place In The Race recently posted..September 11My Profile

9. sammy says:

Marcy the photo of your son on the bus is beautiful. So grown up but so little…now I’m going to cry!
    sammy recently posted..Meatless MondayMy Profile

10. Shannon says:

OK, that bus photo made me teary. 🙂 Love the photos.
    Shannon recently posted..ULTRA COOL VINTAGE CAMP FIRE GIRLS NECKLACEMy Profile

11. Pingback: My boys manage to feed themselves while I go to the US Open | (Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish