About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
- Stranger Things in the Age of Trump
- What the Duckpin?
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Monthly Archives: October 2011
Q: How do you stop the bacon from curling in the pan? A: Take away their little brooms. (Curling joke source) In my curling lesson, I learned to shoot a stone from the hack, to sweep to help a teammate’s … Continue reading
My one-o-one list Has a task to write haiku Each day for a week Sunday: Monday: Tuesday: Wednesday: Thursday: Friday: Saturday:(Photo by Chris at a curling lesson) And a fall haiku: Update: This is one of the 101 things in … Continue reading
These 10 movies blew me away. While some of you have seen some of them, most of you haven’t seen all of them. If you’re looking for something to add to your queue, you should check these movies out. 1. … Continue reading
I vetoed Devil Dogs immediately, but the boys held firm on hot dogs. My sons were given the job to pick out any five ingredients to be included in our dinner. Their choices: hot dogs elbow macaroni escarole tomatoes Ritz … Continue reading
Check out my guest post on the SITS Girls website: How to travel the world with your children (and, no, Epcot is not the real world) (Video link) You can see some of that mud I was talking about in … Continue reading