This simple nut butter is so easy to make and so special to have on my morning oatmeal. I have been making more of an effort to eat a good breakfast each day this week as part of the Healthy Every Week Challenge. I always eat breakfast, but after lounging my way through my Christmas vacation, I found myself unmotivated most mornings to eat a good breakfast and tempted to grab a quick bowl of processed cereal, so it was perfect timing to sign up for the challenge. The focus of the first week was eating breakfast every day.
Maple Macadamia Nut Butter
- 8 oz. raw macadamia nuts
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- pinch salt
Mix the ingredients together in a food processor until a smooth butter forms (about 10 minutes), scraping down occasionally.
I had the macadamia nuts left over from when I made vegan cake pops. The nut butter was perfect as a topping for oatmeal.
Back to School Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple macadamia nut butter
- 1 teaspoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- dash cinnamon
I like the touch of sweetness that the nut butter gives, since I used unsweetened almond milk. (Sometimes I love savory oatmeal, instead).
The macadamia nut butter was also great with a snack of apple slices.
In other news:
- Please link up a post to my story, “Mamas, Don’t Let Your Babies in Cages with Tigers.” There are writing prompts at the end of the story.
- See more meatless meals.
#84: 101 things in 1001 days. Make my own nut butter.
Check out the the Healthy Every Week round-up of breakfast posts:
- Picky Eater Blog: Chocolate Brownie Oatmeal
- Family Fresh Cooking: Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Healthy Eating Starts at Home: Eating Breakfast Daily
- Carlene’s Figments: Bits of Nutrition: Eat Breakfast Daily and Avoid Common Excuses
- Simple Food, Healthy Life: Week 1 Comes to a Close + Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- JBR Nutrition: Be a Breakfast Eater
- Ramblings of a Pittsburgh Dad: Healthy Every Week Challenge, Week 1
- Meghan’s Kitchen: Ham and Cheddar Hash-brown Bake
- (Don’t Be) Too Timid and Squeamish: Maple Macadamia Nut Butter and Back to School Oatmeal
- Eat. Enjoy. Live: Healthy Every Week Challenge Week 1 + a Recipe for Oat-y Pancakes
- City Life Eats: Breakfast Bias
- Boys ‘n’ Berry: Week 1: Oatmeal
- Netlycka’s Distracting Confusion: Eat Breakfast Every Day
- You Don’t Look Sick: Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis: First Week of Healthy Breakfasts
- Deep Thoughts and Amusing Musings: Food Network’s January Challenge
- Healthy Kitschy Vegan: Guess What I Ate Last Night? Peanut Butter and Banana Oat Bran Mess
- An Uneducated Palate: Creamy Chevre, Pistachio and Fig Breakfast Sandwich
- Healthy Plates: Avocado Egg Sandwich
- Essentials of Nutrition: The Most Important Meal of the Day
- Pursuit of Healthiness: Healthy Every Week Challenge, Breakfast Edition
- Chick Bike: January Challenge, Week 1
- Nutritious Daily: Breakfast Every Day
- Cookin’ in my Kitchen: No-Butter Baked Apples
- Hungry Jenny: Breakfast All the Way + an Easy Granola Recipe