I throw this challenge out to you:
Identify the three lies below, and share your guess in the comments. (I posted something like this on Facebook a few years ago, but it has remained unsolved.)
If any of you wants to try a similar post, please link up below and/or Tweet your list with the hashtag #SpotTheThreeLies.
Here are 25 things about me. Which three are lies?
- I was so engrossed in a book on tape once while stopped at a red light that the light changed to green and back to red again before I realized it. (Cars honked a lot.)
- I was in my college hang gliding club.
- I make a great coconut cream pie with a secret ingredient.
- I caused five minutes of dead air during my college radio newscast debut.
- I think it’s cheating to look ahead in a book. (It’s a curse.)
- I came in second in a disco dance contest in junior high school.
- I drank Scotch with Norman Mailer.
- I hate ordering from people at the deli counter so much that I will wait in line to order from the computer even if people at the counter are free.
- I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
- If I miss a few seconds of a show or movie coming back from a commercial, I rewind so that I can see the whole thing.
- I have been to Laos.
- I hiked to the top of Mount Marcy.
- I hate tattoos and won’t even let my avatars get them.
- I saw the Grateful Dead in concert.
- I feel like a rock star when I play Rock Band.
- I wish the U.S. had pubs like the pubs of Ireland.
- I always finish watching movies or reading books, even if they’re terrible. Well, almost always.
- I am addicted to ChapStick.
- I fix typos even when they are in notes to myself.
- The only class I ever cut in high school was gym because I felt so uncoordinated trying to play tennis.
- I have kissed the Blarney Stone.
- I have a purple toe.
- I was born in Connecticut.
- My great-grandmother was born in Ireland.
- It’s abnormal how easily I get startled.
I would love it if you did a similar post, and I will try to spot your three lies. If you decide to link up, please include a link back to this post, so that your readers can join in the fun. Share your post on Twitter with the hashtag #SpotTheThreeLies. Update: Feel free to include fewer items in your post.