About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
- Stranger Things in the Age of Trump
- What the Duckpin?
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Monthly Archives: February 2012
By the end of my first snowboarding lesson, I started to get a feel for turning, but my only way to stop was to fall. (I stopped a lot.) During the 90-minute lesson, I only managed to stay upright for … Continue reading
A murky understanding of a high school physics lesson is how I tend to think about my couch-potatoness: An object at rest tends to stay at rest. So last month I gave myself a challenge to get out and do … Continue reading
Update: Levon died on April 19, about two months after I saw this show. My thoughts are with Levon’s family and friends. Ashes of laughter The ghost is clear Why do the best things always disappear Like Ophelia Please darken … Continue reading