About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Celebrate your courage; send me a postcard.
- COMPLETED: 101 Things in 1001 Days
- Confronting the Abyss at Trapeze School New York
- Driving Lessons
- 47 Years of Great Rock: You Say It’s Your Birthday
- Hey, Raw Meat!
- Hiking the Inca Trail, Day 2: Nobody Messes with Dead Woman’s Pass
- How to eat real food in 8 easy steps
- I Bust a Move on Dance Central a/k/a Cartoons Pity Me in My Basement
- If You Give a Mom a Blog
- In the days of my youth… Listening to Led Zeppelin
- It took me only 13 days to stop complaining for a week
- Just let go: Jump off a cliff
- Love in a Mixtape
- Mamas, Don’t Let Your Babies in Cages with Tigers
- Sleepers: 10 movies you’ve never seen, but should
- The Grid: 101 Things and Beyond
Monthly Archives: February 2012
By the end of my first snowboarding lesson, I started to get a feel for turning, but my only way to stop was to fall. (I stopped a lot.) During the 90-minute lesson, I only managed to stay upright for … Continue reading
A murky understanding of a high school physics lesson is how I tend to think about my couch-potatoness: An object at rest tends to stay at rest. So last month I gave myself a challenge to get out and do … Continue reading
Update: Levon died on April 19, about two months after I saw this show. My thoughts are with Levon’s family and friends. Ashes of laughter The ghost is clear Why do the best things always disappear Like Ophelia Please darken … Continue reading