About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
- Stranger Things in the Age of Trump
- What the Duckpin?
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Monthly Archives: April 2012
I’ve crossed another thing off my list of 101 things in 1001 days: Make homemade pasta. Homemade whole wheat pasta with fresh tomato and basil sauce These are the steps I followed in the above pictures. Gather your ingredients for … Continue reading
Tuk-Tuk Hell, or Heaven A description of hell from Barbara Kingsolver’s The Bean Trees: If you go visit hell, you will see a room like this kitchen. There is a pot of delicious stew on the table, with the most … Continue reading
I am participating in a Travel Bucket List with three things I’ve done and three things I want to do. Travel Bucket Half-Full: Great Walks I’ve Done 1. Bryce Canyon, Utah I long to return to Bryce Canyon, the place that … Continue reading
Update: 50 Years of Great Rock Hop on a 13-minute journey through the history of rock and roll. Starting with the classic rock of the Who in 1965, you’ll hear hard rock, psychedelia, roots rock, Southern rock, funk, punk, new … Continue reading
This Daring Cooks challenge hosted by Twenty-Fingered Cooking asked cooks to create a recipe that includes an ingredient from each list. List 1 (The Vegetable List): Parsnips, Eggplant (aubergine), Cauliflower List 2 (The “Strong Flavor” List): Balsamic Vinegar, Goat Cheese, Chipotle peppers … Continue reading