About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
- Stranger Things in the Age of Trump
- What the Duckpin?
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Monthly Archives: June 2012
5th quarterly report: April – June, 2012 I’ve completed 55 of 101 things in 1001 days. It’s been a busy spring, and I have some adventures lined up for the summer. Tasks completed: #9. Make homemade pasta: Making homemade whole wheat … Continue reading
It was fun to get to see the bees in the new hive at the farm where I have a CSA share for this year. They were as busy as a … well, they were pretty busy. The farm purchased … Continue reading
I chose “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock” by T.S. Eliot to memorize because it takes me back to my first year of teaching. A room of sweaty teenagers in dress shirts and ties, blouses and skirts, waited, pens poised, for me … Continue reading
During most trips to my grocery store, I buy vegetables from thousands of miles away, shipped unripe and picked long ago; they’ve lost their freshness and a lot of their nutrition sitting on trucks. But this weekend was filled with … Continue reading