5th quarterly report: April – June, 2012
I’ve completed 55 of 101 things in 1001 days. It’s been a busy spring, and I have some adventures lined up for the summer.
#9. Make homemade pasta: Making homemade whole wheat pasta.
#27. Memorize a favorite poem: Begrudgingly Intrigued Teenagers and J. Alfred Prufrock.
#37. Try to grow tomatoes again.
#40. Send a secret to PostSecret. (Top secret)
#48. Attend a wine tasting: Mother’s Day Wine and Hike.
#51 and #54. Tour a Connecticut brewery; brew my own beer: Beer Brewing.
#52. Go strawberry picking again.
#83. Have a cookout again.
#98. Sell some more Elks pins on eBay.
Tasks I am making progress on:
#14. Watch all of IMDb’s Top 250 Movies. Only 5 more to go!
- Ikiru (Loved! I had pre-judged this movie unfairly in that I’ve been growing weary of this movie-watching project, and I sat down not thrilled about watching another post-World War II Japanese movie, but it was a delight.)
- In the Mood for Love (Boring; it put me in the mood for sleep.)
- Sherlock Jr. (A fun Buster Keaton silent movie)
- The Kid (A Charlie Chaplin silent movie–enjoyed it)
- The Gold Rush (Another Charlie Chaplin silent; it had its moments, but I was tired of silents by this point.)
- The Best Years of Our Lives (Enjoyed it)
- Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans (Another silent movie that I’m sure was innovative for 1927, but didn’t do it for me today. I guess I shouldn’t have saved all the old silents for the end of my viewing!)
- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (A Japanese animated movie; I did not like this one at all.)
- Wild Strawberries (You know what I said about saving a lot of silent movies for the end of the viewing list? That applies to most foreign movies too; even though I’ve loved some of them, I struggled to stay awake through this one.)
- All Quiet on the Western Front (Silent, war… When will this project be over? It was good, though.)
- The 400 Blows (Enjoyed it)
#32. Walk 10,000 steps a day for an average of six days a week: The streak lives! Still Stepping.
#53. Eat meatless at least one day a week on average. (Working on this, Meatless Monday updates here.)
#75. Read at least 15 classics I’ve never read. (6/15 completed)
- The Sun Also Rises
What’s on your bucket list? What have you checked off?