About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
- Stranger Things in the Age of Trump
- What the Duckpin?
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Monthly Archives: July 2012
Years ago, I pondered this question: What objects would I grab from my burning house? The answer–my photos–was an unrealistic one in that I had many, many cumbersome albums. That led me to digitize and upload much of my collection. … Continue reading
Pushing past the black cloth that blocked the room from the street, my friend and I clutched our sketch pads and entered the den of artists. The nude model was on a break and all the chairs were filled, so … Continue reading
This Daring Cooks challenge was hosted by Sarah from All Our Fingers in the Pie, who challenged us to cook en papillote, or in parchment. Even my picky eater loves both salmon and asparagus, so I chose these as the … Continue reading
Mom’s Bookshelf & More is hosting a retweeting hop. 47 Years of Great Rock, a video and list http://t.co/kVWrewRs Retweet Hop #TTT 7/12 #RockMusic — Marcy L (@MarcyTooTimid) July 12, 2012 If you give a mom a blog… http://t.co/1uKDJVaF Retweet … Continue reading
Update: My Rugged Maniac race report A woman who is more rugged than I am (Photo by Bob Jagendorf) And you know that you’re over the hill When your mind makes a promise that your body can’t fill — “Old … Continue reading