For Meatless Monday, I made meals featuring vegetables and fruits from my CSA farm share. Each new share is giving me at least a few new ingredients to try out.
Today I had blueberry oatmeal for breakfast, escarole with garbanzo beans for lunch, and “July Vegetable Stir Fry” for dinner (recipe below).
Breakfast: Blueberry oatmeal
Lunch: Escarole with garbanzo beans
Dinner: July Vegetable Stir Fry
Stir Fry Ingredients:
- 2 heads of bok choy, sliced, stems and leaves separated
- 1 cup of snap peas, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 summer squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 5 scallions, sliced
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1 T cashews
- 1 t sesame seeds
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1 T mustard
- 1 t ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Prepare the sauce in a small saucepan by first sauteing the garlic in the sesame oil over low heat; then stir in the other ingredients until heated through and combined.
- In a separate pan, heat vegetable oil over high heat, and stir fry the sliced bok choy stems and snap peas for about 3 minutes.
- Add the bok choy leaves, summer squash, and zucchini, and stir fry for about 2 more minutes.
- Add the sauce and the scallions to the stir fry, and stir to combine.
- Top with cashews and sesame seeds.
I served my stir fry with brown rice and roasted beets. (I thought I didn’t like beets, but they were really good roasted.)
- See more Meatless Monday meals.
Fat Tuesday @ Real Food Forager