This Daring Cooks challenge was hosted by Sarah from All Our Fingers in the Pie, who challenged us to cook en papillote, or in parchment.
Even my picky eater loves both salmon and asparagus, so I chose these as the main ingredients for this challenge.
Salmon and asparagus, cooked in parchment
Salmon in Parchment — recipe
- 4 salmon filets, about 6 ounces each
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced Goodfellas style (very thin)*
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 16 asparagus spears, dressed with olive oil, salt and pepper
- 4 pats butter
- 1 lemon, cut into at least 4 slices
Prepare your ingredients, and then stack them up on four pieces of parchment paper, with the salmon on the bottom and the lemon on the top, as seen in the photo below. Fold up the parchment packets so that they are sealed. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
The salmon came out moist and flavorful. I served it with roasted potatoes and sauteed Swiss chard.
* Goodfellas garlic: Get out your razor blades and slice your garlic as thinly as possible. (I actually just used a knife, but I was thinking about this scene today. Be careful out there, people.)
My other Daring Cooks challenges: