About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Celebrate your courage; send me a postcard.
- COMPLETED: 101 Things in 1001 Days
- Confronting the Abyss at Trapeze School New York
- Driving Lessons
- 47 Years of Great Rock: You Say It’s Your Birthday
- Hey, Raw Meat!
- Hiking the Inca Trail, Day 2: Nobody Messes with Dead Woman’s Pass
- How to eat real food in 8 easy steps
- I Bust a Move on Dance Central a/k/a Cartoons Pity Me in My Basement
- If You Give a Mom a Blog
- In the days of my youth… Listening to Led Zeppelin
- It took me only 13 days to stop complaining for a week
- Just let go: Jump off a cliff
- Love in a Mixtape
- Mamas, Don’t Let Your Babies in Cages with Tigers
- Sleepers: 10 movies you’ve never seen, but should
- The Grid: 101 Things and Beyond
Monthly Archives: August 2012
Some of us think holding on makes us strong but sometimes it is letting go. — Hermann Hesse I hold onto things fiercely: movie ticket stubs, anger, prints of bad photos, grudges, logs of old exercise routines, worries, and, especially, … Continue reading
Now that’s a fresh tomato! #37: Try to grow tomatoes again. 101 Things in 1001 Days.
It’s been great eating fresh, local produce this summer from my CSA share. Here’s a photographic recap of what ripened during June, July, and August in Connecticut. Scroll to the bottom to see a photo of what I received in … Continue reading
Hiking Mount Katahdin With a grueling 11 hours of continual effort, I managed to complete a project I started with my husband over 20 years earlier: to summit all of New England’s highest peaks. I may not be a fast … Continue reading
For “What I Ate Wednesday,” I’d like to share some of the meals I had during my recent trip to Costa Rica. The food tended to be simple, healthy, and flavorful, featuring a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables. Breakfast … Continue reading
After experiencing a trio of adrenaline-filled adventures during my trip to Costa Rica — whitewater river rafting, rappelling down a waterfall, zip lining — I was primed for a relaxing catamaran sunset cruise. Little did I know that terror would … Continue reading
“Look, up in the sky! It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s …” a middle-aged woman who is beginning to hyperventilate. I took most of the zip lines in stride. The Monteverdo Extremo guides hooked me up with an expert … Continue reading
I didn’t know what to expect as we bounced along a bumpy road near La Fortuna, Costa Rica, on the way to the Lost Canyon. We would be using ropes to navigate four descents down waterfalls in the rainforest. After … Continue reading