6th quarterly report: July – September, 2012
By far, my biggest thrill this quarter was traveling alone to Costa Rica. Jumping off a cliff was pretty thrilling too. I crossed 5 more things off my list of 101 things in 1001 days.
41 more things to go!
#30. Travel alone at least overnight: Pura Vida: Traveling Alone to Costa Rica.
#34. Take an art class: Nude Poses, the Beats, and William Shatner Reading Rocket Man.
#47. Jump off a cliff: Just let go: Jump off a cliff.
#57. Hike Mount Katahdin: Hiking Mount Katahdin, the Final Summit of New England’s Highest Peaks.
#72. Go through the basement bins and donate, sell, or throw out what I can: Just let go: Jump off a cliff.
Tasks I am making progress on:
#14. Watch all of IMDb’s Top 250 Movies. Only one more to go, and it is not available on DVD in the United States. Stay tuned.
- Diabolique (It was OK.)
- The Battle of Algiers (Interesting)
- The Passion of Joan of Arc (Man, oh man, so boring!)
- A Separation (Enjoyed it, but the ending was maddening)
#32. Walk 10,000 steps a day for an average of six days a week: The streak lives–two years! Still Stepping.
#53. Eat meatless at least one day a week on average. (Working on this, Meatless Monday updates here.)
#96. See at least 5 live shows: Garth Hudson. (4/5 completed)
#79. Dance my way through Dance Central with Kinect. Progress has been very slow (and dorky).
Beyond 101 Things:
I also had a few amazing adventures that were “Beyond 101 Things.”
- Go whitewater river rafting again. (Whitewater River Rafting on the Rio Balsa)
- Try rappelling. (Rappelling Down a Waterfall)
- Go zip lining. (Zip Lining Like Superman Up in the Clouds)
- Run a Rugged Maniac 5K Obstacle Race. (Fifty Shades of Mud: My Rugged Maniac Race Report)
My previous reports:
What’s on your list?