In this video tutorial, I show you how I prepare one of my favorite fall recipes.
Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce with Whole Wheat Penne
- 1 large butternut squash (divided in half)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 T olive oil (divided in half)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 lemon (divided in half)
- 1/2 C vegetable stock
- 1 pint baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 2 T fresh sage, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Roast the squash, tomatoes, and garlic at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- Puree half of the the squash with about 10 of the roasted tomatoes, garlic, nutmeg, juice of half a lemon, vegetable broth, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute the mushrooms in a little olive oil until tender.
- Dice the other half of the squash. Add the diced squash, the remaining tomatoes, and mushrooms to the saute pan with the second half of the lemon. Cook for a few minutes on medium.
- Cook the pasta just shy of al dente and add to the sauce with a 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking liquid. Cook until the extra liquid is absorbed.
- Add some extra Parmesan cheese to each serving.
This recipes is based on Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce at Foodalogue.
I am linking up with Mama’s Kat’s video prompt: “Show us how you prepare a favorite fall recipe.” One of her other prompts was to record a video of myself scaring someone, so in honor of Halloween today, here I am after my zombie makeover at the Doomsday Fair.
A Zombie in a Tunnel
My husband said I needed to watch some more zombie movies because I looked more like Frankenstein’s monster than a zombie. Um, they’re too scary. Just pass me the butternut squash.
- Meatless Mondays
- 5 Great Vegetarian Recipes
- Zombie Makeover
- Apocalypse Soon: I Became a Zombie at the Doomsday Fair
Beyond 101 things: Make a cooking video.