Graffiti to the Rescue: I Tagged My Garage

Don't Be Too Timid and Squeamish Graffiti

I tagged my garage: “Don’t be too timid and squeamish.”

I complained to my husband about our peeling, rotting garage doors.

His reply: “So fix them.”

I gave him a confused look and explained: “It’s my job to point out things that need to be fixed and your job to fix them.”

He wasn’t buying it, which was how #33 on my list of 101 things in 1001 days became “Paint the garage doors.” I would be able to procrastinate for quite a long time, but not forever.

Soon there was a problem. First one door, then the other, broke. We would need new garage doors, so it really made no sense to fix and paint the old ones. I had to, though, because it was on my list. What to do?

Graffiti to the Rescue!

Don't Be Too Timid and Squeamish

Don't Be Too Timid and Squeamish

What fast-motion video would be complete without the theme from the “Benny Hill Show” to accompany it?

I restored the doors to respectability pretty quickly. The irony was not lost on me that I was too timid to leave them proudly on display for the neighborhood. I was concerned, though, that some kind soul would worry that I really had been vandalized and call the police, or that someone would be outraged while trying to sell a house on the street. (It will still be a while before our new doors are installed.)

I hastily slapped on some old white paint, just enough to keep away the police.

P.S. Don’t you just hate it when you are spraying graffiti on your garage doors, and you misjudge it so that the last three letters of your URL don’t fit properly? I know I do.

Don't Be Too Timid and Squeamish

My temporary header, inspired by Edenland

What would you paint on your garage doors?

Finding the Funny

{Celebrate your courage. Send me a postcard.}

#DPSPROP

#33. 101 things in 1001 days. Paint the garage doors.

101 things in 1001 days

This entry was posted in 101 Things, Video and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Graffiti to the Rescue: I Tagged My Garage

1. Erica M says:

Your procrastination looks just like my procrastination! They should get married and sit around all day thinking of ways not to get any real work done.

Did you know we are doing NaBloPoMo as a group over at yeah write? Please come join us. We’ve broken down into smaller groups to make this more manageable. It’s hard being discovered on a blogroll of 1100 blogs, right?

Hope to see you there!

2. The Dose of Reality says:

I am IMPRESSED! You have mad graffiti skillz!!!! (Now I feel like I need to add “learn to graffiti” to my list of things to do. I also LOVED the video and the song choice! Well done!! :)

3. Okay, the pictures are great, and I admit I got a huge giggle out of the video! If we owned our home instead of rented, I might be tempted to tag my own garage. Maybe I should just go get some plywood to tag, haha. A nice big piece to leave in the backyard for when I’m feeling artsy. I think hubs would have a fit.

I am still working on my postcard, by the way.

4. sparkling74 says:

Wow, I am extremely impressed with your spray painting skills. Like maybe you’re done grafitti before? I laughed pretty hard when you covered it all up and then spray painted your url over it. K-ster would kill me. Even if we were getting them replaced.

On a totally unrelated note, ,after the video, your video about making squash came up and I just have to tell you that my sister is now a card toting member of the cooking squash WHOLE club. She used to cut it in half to roast it but now just cooks the whole thing whole and swears by it. No more fighting through the skin. And I’m seeing people mention that on a lot of blogs now. I’m still scared to try it. I want to cut into it before it cooks to make sure there’s nothing scary in there!

I had planned the letters to have some “3-D” effects, but I had a lot less control than I thought I would have. I’ll have to try cooking the squash whole. It’s so hard to cut, so that will really save a step. Thanks!

5. Ran says:

If anyone else tries this themselves, they should always remember that Paint Stripper is NOT the same as Paint Thinner when it comes time to clean the paint off the hands.

6. Azara says:

What a great idea! I love your comment about the irony of not leaving it there for too long. Ha!

I found you through Write on Edge and am enjoying reading your posts, so have signed up for more :)

7. Naila Moon says:

I LOVE IT!
    Great solution! Ha ha ha

8. Pingback: Year in Review: 2012 | (Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish

9. Pingback: Laughter Yoga, or Laughing When There’s No Joke | (Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish

10. Pingback: COMPLETED: 101 Things in 1001 Days | (Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish