About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
- Stranger Things in the Age of Trump
- What the Duckpin?
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Monthly Archives: March 2013
I rocked the final winter of my challenge to complete 101 things in 1001 days. I finished 11 tasks, reveling in trash, haggis, Pez, roller derby, snowshoeing, Spam, and more. In the coming months, I hope to complete a trapeze … Continue reading
Trying to call up an old memory is like checking my wrist for the time and realizing I haven’t worn a watch in years. I stare blankly, trying to remember what I was looking for, but it’s not there anymore. … Continue reading
Two years ago, I joined a merry band of pranksters on the daylong odyssey that was the Connecticut Hot Dog Tour. This time, we traded in our party bus for walking shoes to celebrate our state’s best foodie claim to … Continue reading
My little brother and I would wait for the card game to end in the deserted ladies lounge. We got unlimited sodas from the bartender and a pocketful of quarters for the jukebox, playing “The Night the Lights Went Out … Continue reading
“I’ve been from Tuscon to Tucumcari Tehachapi to Tonapah” — Willin’, Little Feat I’ve sat in Sally’s chair at Katz’s Deli (but I didn’t have what she was having). I’ve stood where Rocky stood with a Pat’s cheesesteak in my … Continue reading