About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
- Stranger Things in the Age of Trump
- What the Duckpin?
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Monthly Archives: May 2013
Every now and then there is a suspended moment when I am faced with a choice: yes or no. I have begun to relish the moment of saying yes, of being open to the experience. And if I decide to … Continue reading
I toured a new museum in Hamden, Connecticut, that is devoted to telling the story of the Great Hunger in Ireland. One thing I didn’t know about the terrible famine in Ireland from 1845 to 1852 was that there was … Continue reading
After wisely bypassing the menu item called “American Fried Rice” at our Bangkok hotel several times, my husband finally gave in to curiosity and ordered it, and we got a glimpse into the secret world of how Thais imagine Americans: … Continue reading
With the Internet down on a Saturday morning and the rest of the house asleep, I poured myself a cup of coffee and flipped through the pages of my newly published ebook. I had just gotten a message of praise … Continue reading