I am in my final six months of completing 101 things in 1001 days, and I made pretty good progress this quarter. Now that summer is in full swing, though, I am really going to step it up. I plan to take a trapeze class in New York City, go zorbing and tubing, fast for Ramadan, and more.
Check out the super-cool, click-able grid: 101 Things: The Grid
April – June, 2013: 9th Quarterly Report
(Only 22 more things to go!)
#71: Try to grow sunflowers again.
#78: Finalize my will: Where there’s a will
#85: Hit a bucket of golf balls again: A bucket of golf balls.
#96: See at least five live shows: Amy Helm.
- Previously saw during this challenge: Big Grooves and Little Feat: Concert Review; MCB on NYE; Levon Helm’s Midnight Ramble; Garth Hudson.
Tasks I am making progress on:
#53. Eat meatless at least one day a week on average. (Working on this, Meatless Monday updates here.)
#67. Go to at least five offbeat or small museums (3/5 completed).
Previously visited during this challenge:
#75. Read at least 15 classics I’ve never read. (14/15 completed)
- The Iliad by Homer (Much more boring than The Odyssey)
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck (Loved! A masterpiece!)
- The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton (Loved! Oh, Newland…)
Previously read during this challenge:
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- My Ántonia by Willa Cather (My Ántonia Didn’t Change, But I Sure Did)
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier (I Am Not Rebecca)
- A Room with a View by E. M. Forster
- The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (A Christmas Quest: Solve the Riddles to Find Your Present)
- The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
- Green Hills of Africa by Ernest Hemingway
- Candide by Voltaire
- The Death of Ivan Ilyich by Leo Tolstoy
#79. Dance my way through Dance Central with Kinect. (Who am I kidding? I have been stalled halfway through the game for many months. It’s time to get my dancing shoes on.)
My previous reports:
- Quarterly report #1
- Quarterly report #2
- Quarterly report #3
- Quarterly report #4
- Quarterly report #5
- Quarterly report #6
- Quarterly report #7
- Quarterly report #8
What’s on your list?