About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
- Stranger Things in the Age of Trump
- What the Duckpin?
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Monthly Archives: September 2013
Make like a tree and leave. Earlier post: Go climb a tree Climb a tree, take two: Failure again A week ago, my husband dragged a ladder out to the backyard for me and stood by to take a picture … Continue reading
From a flying trapeze and rolling zorb to museums devoted to bad art and good sex, along with a cow to milk, some very awkward dance moves, and a screaming go kart, I made the most of my final summer … Continue reading
“Can’t repeat the past?” he cried incredulously. “Why of course you can!” He looked around him wildly, as if the past were lurking here in the shadow of his house, just out of reach of his hand. — F. Scott … Continue reading
“Well, did you ever milk a cow? I had the chance one day, but I was all dressed up for Sunday.” — “We Can Talk,” The Band We all gathered round the cow and brushed her, to relax her and … Continue reading
UPDATE here (I did it!): Well, did you ever milk a cow? #1 (101 things in 1001 days): Milk a cow. It’s taken two years of looking for a willing cow, but I’ve finally found an udder to pull on. … Continue reading
Doing anything for 1,043 days in a row is sure to bring its challenges, and walking at least 10,000 steps a day had its share: darting out of a basement pub into the New Haven streets before the entrées came … Continue reading
“The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man’s heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.” — Albert Camus I’ve declared repeatedly how empowering it is to face my fears and bask in my newly expanded comfort zone, … Continue reading