Bar Juggling Scene

We all have a lot to juggle. Kids, work, home, exercise, chores, coming up with new things to write blog posts about…. The list goes on and on.

How do we keep all the balls in the air?

Sometimes we can’t quite manage…

(Video link)

Sometimes we can…

(Video link)

And sometimes we need a little help from our friends…

(Video link)

Learning to juggle, even at my beginner status, was very satisfying. I am hopelessly uncoordinated, and it really seemed like I wasn’t going to be able to get the hang of juggling at all. (It’s as if there’s some force working to pull the balls down out of the air).

As my list has been teaching me time and time again, though, if I just stick with something long enough and persevere, I will be successful.

I know juggling is just a silly task, but I am getting inspired to take on more difficult and meaningful challenges.

I just don’t know what they are yet.

via GIPHY

What are you juggling these days?

P.S. This video was a blast to make. Thanks to Alicia for her encouragement and her good juggling (but you could have eased up a tad when smashing the bottle over my head), Randy for his filming, and Rey for his goofiness photography.

learning to juggle #11 (101 things to 1001 days): Learn to juggle three balls.

NaBloPoMo, Day 14 at yeah write

This entry was posted in 101 Things, Video and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Bar Juggling Scene

1. I tried to learn to (really) juggle and ended up with a lot of broken things and squashed fruits. Real life juggling? Sometimes squashed life. Sometimes okay. Sometimes better than okay. Juggling is always harder than it looks.
    Marilyn Armstrong recently posted..DAILY PROMPT: LOCALLY SPEAKINGMy Profile

2. Rose says:

Looks like fun! I’ve never actually juggled (like a ball, or fruit, or something set afire), so I’m impressed!
    Rose recently posted..Top Five Reasons My Housework Goes UnfinishedMy Profile

3. Hi Marcy,

I am a juggler – although I haven’t juggled for a while. It’s actually great for mindfulness, a form of meditation, great for the arms and fun too – keep at it – I might ask for a new set of balls for Xmas 🙂
    Annabel Candy, Get In the Hot Spot recently posted..45/52 Exercises: Beach Fitness and LoveMy Profile

4. Stacie says:

You are amazing! I can juggle two balls. Does that count?
    Stacie recently posted..Comment on Ring My Bell by StacieMy Profile

5. Rara says:

That’s so cool! Juggling is one of those things on my “would love to learn, but haven’t” list!
    Rara recently posted..Wine and BloggingMy Profile

6. Karen says:

Awesome, Marcy! The last video is great – love the music.
    Karen recently posted..The Magic of CatnipMy Profile

7. I am terribly impressed. Juggling? 🙂 Looks fun!
    Natalie – The Cat Lady Sings recently posted..NaNoWriMo: Crawling Out of the Hole to Say HelloMy Profile

8. Amber says:

I have friends who can juggle, u love to watch, but man it looks hard!
    Amber recently posted..What the Hell is Mutton Bustin? A Day Spent in BrawleyMy Profile

9. Alicia says:

So much fun, Marcy!!! You did great! Although, if I remember correctly, I was given explicit instructions to not wimp out when it came to bashing the bottle on your head. just following the Directors direction, but if you want to do it again i’ll go a little easier the next time!

If we were to do it again, I would definitely be bashing the bottle on your head! I am sure you would endure it bravely, though, and not end up screaming like I did.

10. Erica M says:

I can’t even finish making a list like yours, and you are actually completing your list. You are an inspiration, Marcy.

11. C.C. says:

Marcy, this post has such a motivating feel-good sense to it. It makes me want to write my own list. LOVE the bar juggling scene. Can’t stop smiling—the happy music you choose didn’t hurt either 😉
    C.C. recently posted..A Widow’s SolaceMy Profile

12. Kylie says:

Great video! I love the concept of your blog, too. Good for you! I’m turning 40 in a week and might just have to come up with a list of my own. Thanks for the fun inspiration 🙂
    Kylie recently posted..How Long to Sing this Song? #NaBloPoMoMy Profile

Congrats on turning 40! Those special years are perfect times for thinking about what you want to do, at least for me, since I get the most done under deadline. (I’m on the way to 50, myself.)

13. Calamity Rae says:

That is extremely impressive. And very inspirational. What an awesome way to share your road to self growth, which is an admirable thing to do. Thank you.
    Calamity Rae recently posted..*This* is why I’m Starting My Memoir Next YearMy Profile

14. Rob says:

Your juggling is impressive. Juggling with someone else – impressive. Getting hit over the head with a bottle – OUCH!

I do not know how to juggle. A friend of mine had to learn how to juggle for a college class – she was studying to be a teacher. Juggling is an educational endeavor.

I took a look at your grid today. Very impressive!!!
    Rob recently posted..Saturday with My HusbandMy Profile

I did bring my juggling beanbags into school a few times and try to show kids how to juggle. It was fun! It takes a lot of practice, though, so I haven’t seen anyone get the hang of it yet. Thanks, Rob!

15. Pingback: Too much time on my hands | (Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish

16. Pingback: Year in Review: 2013 | (Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish

17. Pingback: COMPLETED: 101 Things in 1001 Days | (Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish

18. Pingback: If My Life Had a Soundtrack | (Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish

19. Pingback: My #BlogHer15 Recap as a Timid and Squeamish VOTY Featured Honoree: From Excited to Terrified to Exuberant | (Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish

20. Pingback: November Odds and Ends | (Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish