Christmas Riddles: A Fun Idea for Christmas Morning

Christmas quest

Looking for a fun idea for sharing a special Christmas present? Make your kids solve Christmas riddles to find it.

A Christmas Quest: Solve the Riddles to Find Your Present

I am sharing this post from last year ahead of the holidays in case any of you would like to give it a try. (If you do, let me know how it goes!)

When I did this last year with my teenage boys, I thought the riddles would be a few quick and fun hurdles for them to jump over before they found their present. I didn’t, though, count on their habit of stuffing their dirty socks under the couches to trip them up so much.

You can read the story and see video of their Christmas present treasure hunt here:

A Christmas Quest: Solve the Riddles to Find Your Present

P.S. This is my 300th post!

You may also like:

{Celebrate your courage. Send me a postcard.}

This entry was posted in Et Cetera and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Christmas Riddles: A Fun Idea for Christmas Morning

1. I’m going to enjoy puzzling over this, though it seem like the answer would be time, but I don’t think that’s the answer you are looking for. I haven’t tried to solve a riddle since I was a kid!
    Marilyn Armstrong recently posted..DAILY PROMPT: PLAYTIME!My Profile

2. Katie says:

Happy Tercentenarial Post! (I had to Google 300th anniversary and I made my own word from tercentenary. :)
    Katie recently posted..Testing, Testing, 1…2…3My Profile

3. Abby says:

This looks like bunches of fun! Although, for my kids, I’ll probably have to craft riddles from video games like Halo…
    Abby recently posted..stuffed!My Profile

4. Rose Leising says:

Love this! My mom used to do similar riddles when we were kids in order to find presents. Brought back some good memories. And 300th post…woot woot! :D
    Rose Leising recently posted..Come Meet the Infamous QoBMy Profile

5. Sarah says:

This is brilliant! I have two teenage Tolkien fans and this would be perfect. The excitement of Christmas morning just isn’t the same as when they were little. Something like this would make it much more memorable. Thanks!

And congrats on your 300th post!

Sarah

6. Calamity Rae says:

I <3 this. I did something a little similar last year, which was more of a scavenger hunt which led my daughter to our closet with a life size Bieber cut out that I'd attached concert tickets to the hands. Thanks for posting this, I always love finding new ways to make my daughter's childhood one that is memorable.
    Calamity Rae recently posted..A Day In The Life: how to treat a burnMy Profile

7. Calamity Rae says:

oh, and congrats on your 300th post!
    Calamity Rae recently posted..A Day In The Life: how to treat a burnMy Profile