About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Half Behind, Half Ahead: A Photo-a-Day Roundup
- Eagles, Ospreys, and 42 Too: A Connecticut River Cruise
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Monthly Archives: January 2014
My third year of blogging was my favorite so far. I was consumed with completing my list of 101 things in 1001 days, and I had a lot of fun with plenty to write about. (Related post: Year in Review, … Continue reading
I was watching The Daily Show and heard one of my husband’s jokes come out of Jon Stewart’s mouth as he discussed the Gov. Chris Christie scandal: “I think I finally figured out the tone he set: F.U. Sharp.” Surely … Continue reading
“If a plant cannot live according to its nature, it dies; and so a man.” — Henry David Thoreau I called myself out back in November for not giving an earnest effort to grow sunflowers even though I had checked … Continue reading
The theme for Twisted Mixtape this week is songs that were new to me in 2013 (or thereabouts). 1. “Love Interruption” by Jack White I was already a big Jack White and White Stripes fan, but I heard this song … Continue reading
Ready? Open your basket. You take out a fish you’ve never cooked before, a breakfast food, a curry paste, and a couple of small turnips. You have 30 minutes to cook dinner. Begin… Since I’m hooked on the cooking show … Continue reading
I’ve written before about how much completing my list meant to me, but just how should you go about making and completing a list of 101 things in 1001 days? Please check out my guest post today at Pick the … Continue reading
I avoided nagging my husband about putting away the Christmas tree, and aside from the household peace, there was an unexpected benefit. I loved trying out the photography challenge to create abstract light shots. OK, now that tree must go.