About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
- Stranger Things in the Age of Trump
- What the Duckpin?
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Monthly Archives: February 2014
This week’s theme for Twisted Mixtape is “guilty pleasures.” 1. “Staying Alive” by the Bee Gees By the time I reached high school, I had firmly placed myself on the rock side of the rock vs. disco schism that divided … Continue reading
Image by Catherine (Creative Commons) When I worked as a wedding videographer, this happiest day of a couple’s life could be filled with orchids and doves, but it could also show the worst in a person. Bridezillas exist, and they … Continue reading
(Video link) “Reach out your hand if your cup be empty, If your cup is full may it be again.” –“Ripple” by the Grateful Dead I still feel the effects of completing 101 things in 1001 days rippling through my … Continue reading
“A plague o’ both your houses! They have made worms’ meat of me.” –Mercutio, Romeo and Juliet I cut the nub off a carrot, and at the familiar thwack of my knife on the board, I thought again of my … Continue reading
Every now and then, I get motivated to do some jogging, which I loathe. It’s no surprise that it’s usually in the spring, when it’s time to end my long months of hiding from the cold. Before I think about … Continue reading