Fighting

Water flower in Thailand

In response to the Gargleblaster challenge, I had 42 words to answer, “Tell me something, old friend, why are you fighting?”

This entry was posted in Et Cetera and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Fighting

1. Karen says:

This is a wonderful expression of mindfulness. I really like this take on the prompt. Karen
    Karen recently posted..FICTION: The GiftMy Profile

2. AZ Gringa says:

Beautiful, Marcy. I love it!
    AZ Gringa recently posted..Episode 0: An Old FriendMy Profile

3. Atreyee says:

Loved the acceptance -the maturity reflected in the changing perspective here Marcy-beautifully worded and I also love the photo you used:-)
    Atreyee recently posted..Self-defenseMy Profile

4. Like this piece. ‘Fighting not to Fight’…know that feeling well.
    Paul Clements recently posted..Yeah Write #158 Gargleblaster – Self DefenceMy Profile

5. I like the balance of this poem. Well done.
    that cynking feeling recently posted..Sunday Slideshow: The Easter Egg Hunt that wasn’tMy Profile

6. Mridubala says:

Loved this, shows in a beautiful way how the time influences us or how our preferences change when we grow..
    Mridubala recently posted..Unfading fightsMy Profile

7. JannaTWrites says:

This is another great response from you! Our impulse is to fight…. being still is a challenge.
    JannaTWrites recently posted..Second Chance (Speakeasy #158)My Profile

8. Sue says:

Brava – well done Actually my last entry on this blog though not for this is a gargleblaster lol

9. Robbie says:

Wonderful.
    Robbie recently posted..Double WideMy Profile

10. Genna Claire says:

“To be still/ To be present/ To accept” – how I love these lines!!!
    Genna Claire recently posted..gargleblaster: tell me something, old friend: why are you fighting?My Profile

11. Christine says:

I love the evolution of your thought process, the gradual coming to terms. I also really like the form of your poem – the repetition of the infinitives. It flows very nicely. Great job, and thanks for linking up!
    Christine recently posted..Like the TidesMy Profile

It has been a very gradual process in my development, something that the prompt really got me thinking about. Thanks for your thoughts.

12. Ooooooh. I can relate to this, so much. NICE.

13. Laith says:

Very nice. I love “fighting not to fight”
    Laith recently posted..Folks Can’t Stop Singing “Let It Go”My Profile

14. djmatticus says:

It’s hard to find those moments of peace in the hectic lives we lead.

15. Love this, and pinned it!
    Jennifer Hall recently posted..9 Big G Cereals, WinCo, the ibotta App & a GiveawayMy Profile

16. Kay says:

This is the fight not fought often enough! I like your flow from what you used to fight for, presumably in the name of success and happiness, to what is actually going to help you achieve the state of mind you’re after. Lovely 🙂 .
    Kay recently posted..Shakin’ up this week’s Yeah Write GargleblasterMy Profile

17. Jen says:

Fighting not to fight. It seems like a struggle no matter what we do, huh? This one feels like a 42 word meditation! I likey 🙂
    Jen recently posted..Why Are You Fighting?My Profile