Afternoon in Marrakesh

snake charmers,
whirling dervishes,
orange juice, snails,
and motorbikes
compete for attention,
until I need relief
from exhaust and exhaustion.

I clutch my bills close,
annoyed by the hard sell,
until a Barbary ape
clambers over my shoulders.

I’ll pay.

Barbary ape Marrakesh Morocco

Related video: “The Marrakesh Express” (video link)

In response to the Gargleblaster challenge, I had 42 words to answer the question, “Is something crawling on me?”

This entry was posted in Travel and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Afternoon in Marrakesh

1. Atreyee says:

Such a cute and original take on the prompt Marcy 🙂 Love the photo too 😀
    Atreyee recently posted..The RavagersMy Profile

2. Mridubala says:

Just loved that <3
    If you like , please vote for my story,http://tlng.me/1fhAn8H
    Mridubala recently posted..ResilienceMy Profile

3. TNKerr says:

I’ve never been to Marrakesh but I have been other places that your 42 described perfectly. You transported me back to those places. Well done.

4. M L Sexton says:

Love the photo and nice take on the prompt. I’m traveling through you.
    M L Sexton recently posted..Fiery FriendshipMy Profile

5. Great imagery. I love the way you built the tension up in just these few words.
    that cynking feeling recently posted..Dublin pub crawlMy Profile

6. Fromthelaundryroom says:

Relief from exhaust and exhaustion…love it. I was definitely far away with you. Well done.

7. what an opportunity. Thanks for sharing.
    Ann Bennett (@AnnBennett12) recently posted..Crawling on meMy Profile

8. Wonderful details! “I clutch my bills close,/annoyed by the hard sell” Oh, yes.

It was toward the end of our trip, and I was at the point of getting tired of it all. Still, it was a cool experience.

9. Jetgirl says:

It sounds fantastic, frenetic, and fatiguing! Love it 🙂
    Jetgirl recently posted..Gargleblaster 161 – “Is something crawling on me?”My Profile

10. Catherine says:

Ah, how sweet! He looks so laid back, just chilling on a shoulder without a care in the world 🙂
    Catherine recently posted..Cheesecake: A Random StoryMy Profile

11. Karen says:

Marcy, once again, your travel experiences have made me envious. Sweet take on the question.
    Karen recently posted..GoosebumpsMy Profile

12. Robin says:

Wild animals! YIKES! Great Gargleblaster 🙂
    Robin recently posted..It’s All About Me – Share Your WorldMy Profile

13. Nice trip! Thanks for the ride : )
    KymmInBarcelona recently posted..Is Something Crawling on Me?My Profile

14. Jen says:

Love everything about this. And that picture! Awwwww
    Jen recently posted..SalvationMy Profile

15. theinnerzone says:

Your travel experience is eloquently distributed in 42! reminds me of India.

16. Nathan James says:

I like your style. Honest, reflective, with a bit of wit and self deprecation. Good stuff!

17. Gina says:

Whoa! So cool! I’ve always wanted to go to Marrakech!
    Gina recently posted..Yeah Write Garblebuster: Location, Location, LocationMy Profile