Gurgles at the Engaged Encounter

Randy's hands

When the priest raised sexual relations,
my fiance’s intestines gurgled.

Other couples turned and stared,
so of course we giggled.

The priest reassured us;
some couples find this awkward,

but he didnโ€™t hear the ungodly sounds
coming from my loveโ€™s nether regions.

This entry was posted in Et Cetera and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Gurgles at the Engaged Encounter

1. CC says:

This is great, Marcy. You set the scene so well I can almost hear those gurgles.
    CC recently posted..The Howling HourglassMy Profile

2. Susan Shuman says:

This is good. I like the dichotomy of the priest & “ungodly sounds.” ๐Ÿ™‚
    Susan Shuman recently posted..Really?My Profile

3. Lol! This one made me smile! I could totally hear the giggles and gurgles and ungodly sounds… ๐Ÿ˜€
    Psych Babbler recently posted..Sounds of solitudeMy Profile

4. Awesome opening line, and I can hear all these sounds, even the priest’s voice. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Jennifer Knoblock recently posted..Joyful NoisesMy Profile

5. theinnerzone says:

I love the opening lines too – can hear the giggles!

6. I would have giggled too. And your use of ungodly is such a great contrast to the setting! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Suzanne Purkis recently posted..LurkingMy Profile

7. Tina says:

What a cool story to share! I would have probably giggled and been unable to stop, so I admire your restraint.

8. Uma says:

LOL, Marcy..I can imagine the giggles and gurgles!

9. Hahaha Such inopportune sounds. Great setting for it!
    KymmInBarcelona recently posted..One Heart BreakingMy Profile

10. Hahah! This is a superb take on the prompt ๐Ÿ˜€
    Soumyaa Verma recently posted..The sound of himMy Profile

11. Shailaja V says:

Bwahahaha ๐Ÿ˜€ Ungodly sounds indeed. Marcy, you just aced this challenge ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Shailaja V recently posted..Can you hear it?- #Yeahwrite GargleblasterMy Profile

12. Jen says:

ha! Even funnier that the priest thought you guys were embarrassed by what he was talking about. Totally cute!
    Jen recently posted..Who Is She?My Profile

Yes–that’s what made it so funny to us. I wasn’t sure if that came through clearly enough in my 42 words, so thanks for the comment!

13. Nathan James says:

Love the tension between the godly and ungodly here. I also liked the reminder of love in the middle of this awkward scene.
    Nathan James recently posted..BattleMy Profile

14. How mortifying! Great description of this experience.

15. Catherine says:

Haha, I like this one a lot, made me crack a smile!
    Catherine recently posted..Giraffes: A Random StoryMy Profile