Where Harry Met Sally: That’s All.

Katz's Deli 2007

Where Harry Met Sally Katz's DeliWith a love of romantic comedy
and cured deli meats,
there was a natural spot for me,
Sally’s spot,
where they hoped
I had what she was having.

I didn’t, but corned beef
and a day in Manhattan
were good enough. Almost.

Video: “I’ll have what she’s having.

Katz's. That's All

#13 of 42

See also: Places and Traces of History

This entry was posted in Et Cetera and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Where Harry Met Sally: That’s All.

1. Kir says:

SUCH a great take on “signs” and a little peek into your life too, I loved both!

We’d all love to have what Sally’s having. 😉
    (loved this)
    Kir recently posted..Smoke SignalsMy Profile

2. blainecindy says:

Really enjoyed your response to the prompt.

3. Nortonmum says:

Haha, that’s a good take on the prompt.
    Nortonmum recently posted..Foretold by the Gods.My Profile

4. Jen says:

This made me hungry–and miss new york city. ha ha Love your non fiction blasters!
    Jen recently posted..Insect PerspectivesMy Profile

5. Meg says:

What a great take on the prompt, Marcy. Did you feel a teeny bit compelled to pretend to have what Sally fake-had?
    Meg recently posted..HungerMy Profile

6. CC says:

This is great…personalizing a pop culture reference that is so well known…I can almost ‘see’ Meg Ryan through this 😉 And, how fun that you got to go there.
    CC recently posted..Signs of YieldingMy Profile

7. Jo-Anne Teal says:

Really enjoyed to roll of this piece and the connection to real life, as well as the reference to one of the funniest scenes ever :)) Had a look around your blog earlier today and also want to say Congratulations! Such unique and inspired challenges you are setting out for yourself! It reminds me of a line in The World According to Garp (in the movie, I can’t remember if it’s in the book) where Jenny is asked by one of her grandchildren what it’s like to be old. She responds: “Well if you’re very lucky, you’ll have lots and lots of memories and when you get old, you can think about them.”

You aren’t bored or boring now and you certainly won’t be when it feels like to time to reflect. Wow! :))

8. Tina says:

A romance with a side of funny. I love this!

9. Shailaja V says:

Ah, that spot brings back some fun memories 😀
    Shailaja V recently posted..Can you tell? #YeahWrite #GargleblasterMy Profile

10. April C. says:

I live in NYC. My beau and I went through a phase of eating Katz once every 2 weeks for about 3 months.

You are darn right those are good enough! 🙂

Fun take on the prompt! Loved it!
    April C. recently posted..Hey, baby!My Profile

11. Nathan James says:

haha, a literal sign! Your traveling seems to be more about challenging yourself; it’s good to know you let yourself be a tourist sometimes too.
    Nathan James recently posted..“Avocado.”My Profile

I do plenty of touristy things. I love a good photo opportunity, and, I don’t quite know why, but I love visiting any place that has been featured in a book, song, or movie. It’s a little brush with greatness, I guess. Thanks for your comment, Nathan 🙂

12. Pingback: Places and Traces of History | (Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish