Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Play Tennis

entrapped in a play,
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
play Questions,
trading their tennis shots,
sometimes slices,
sometimes smashes.

What does it all add up to?
(That is the question.)

(Video link)

• #15 of 42 (Gargleblaster page)

This entry was posted in Books and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Play Tennis

1. Love a bit of R&G! You capture their irreverence well and like that you stayed with the inspiration to the prompt.
    Glasgowdragonfly recently posted..Check, please.My Profile

2. Nortonmum says:

Very clever & topical. I like it.
    Nortonmum recently posted..Devil is in the detail.My Profile

3. Christine says:

Ha! I see what you did there. Very clever, and lots of fun. (We used to play Questions all the time growing up. I still love it.)
    Christine recently posted..MathMy Profile

I used to play Questions with my husband after we first saw the film. We would start the game secretly, too, and get up a point at the start that way. Thanks.

4. Clever, clever, extra brilliance points for the ending. Thanks for this!
    Jennifer Knoblock recently posted..Heidelberg with Children: Q.E.D.My Profile

5. Perfect answer to the prompt!

6. Jen says:

oh totally fun, I love this one!
    Jen recently posted..Conversations at TeaMy Profile

7. GennaClaire says:

This captured R&G so well! Very clever and fun to read.
    GennaClaire recently posted..gargleblaster: addition and subtractionMy Profile

I showed the movie once to a class of teenagers. Only about two of them liked it, but they really liked it.

8. R&G! Wow. I liked how you presented this in words. Indeed a fun read!

9. Shailaja V says:

Tee hee, I love the questions peppering the post. Lovely idea, Marcy 🙂
    Shailaja V recently posted..Home again- #WriteTribe #drabbleMy Profile

10. Nathan James says:

Love how you found a way to make the non sequitur relevant at the end. Nicely done, Marcy, and it felt like a tennis match.
    Nathan James recently posted..AlgebraMy Profile

11. Meg says:

Now I must see the movie! (Look how young they are!) Thanks for this, Marcy. Love it.
    Meg recently posted..Obsession on a Tuesday MorningMy Profile