Might have been the fish tacos

Atlas Mountains Morocco

For ten miserable hours,
I leaned my weary forehead
against the cool glass of the van.

You don’t want to know what happened
in every squat toilet between the Atlas Mountains
and the sea at Essaouira.

Let’s just say I tipped generously.

Blue boats, Essaouira Morocco

#22 of 42 (Gargleblaster page)

This entry was posted in Et Cetera and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Might have been the fish tacos

1. tnkerr says:

You certainly took the prompt outside the box with this one Marcy. Great job.

2. Susan Shuman says:

Wow. I can relate all too well. Great writing!
    Susan Shuman recently posted..TapMy Profile

3. Jetgirlcos says:

Yikes! Great writing but yikes! :-)
    Jetgirlcos recently posted..7 — Sept — 7My Profile

4. Oh man, that has got to suck! Fabulous use of the prompt – not to mention a good way to redeem that experience. At least a little. :)
    Suzanne Purkis recently posted..RedMy Profile

Good point–some of my most miserable experiences have led to posts. It was dreadful. I had been a little sick on some of my other vacations, but nothing like that.

5. Soapie says:

Hilarious!
    Soapie recently posted..When Tragedy Stems HopeMy Profile

6. Melanie L says:

Excellent title for this post!

7. Ha! Perfect for the prompt. Sorry you were sick, but great words.

8. Mridubala says:

Divergent take, sorry that you fell sick.
    Mridubala recently posted..SatisfactionMy Profile

9. I love the way your title gives a hint, then the contrast between the exotic setting and the universal ugh of being sick.
    Jennifer Knoblock recently posted..James Bond was in itMy Profile

It was a beautiful setting. As terrible as it was being in the van the whole day, at least it was just a travel day, and I didn’t end up missing anything. But, yeah, ugh.

10. Tina says:

Ah yes. Been there. A cool van window would have been lovely.
    Tina recently posted..Adventures before CoffeeMy Profile

11. Genna Claire says:

This is classic, Marcy. :)

12. Sarah Ann says:

Hmm. You paint such a picture by avoiding telling all. Great take!

13. Love Happy Notes says:

It’s not ideal when this happens en route. Unusual take on the prompt!

14. christina says:

blech. BLECH.
    christina recently posted..wordsMy Profile

15. Jen says:

ooooooh man!! You must have been insanely miserable, I can’t imagine!
    Jen recently posted..It’s a Bird…It’s a Plane…My Profile

So miserable! It’s right up there with the sickest I’ve ever been. Not the greatest time for a road trip. I recovered quickly once I was on antibiotics, though.

16. Well, that certainly is one way to remember your travels! *locks on initial inclination to decline fish tacos, when offered*
    KymmInBarcelona recently posted..The Cat RaceMy Profile

17. Nathan James says:

I think I do know what happened between the Atlas Mountains and the sea at Essaouira. Yeeks.
    Nathan James recently posted..HiveMy Profile

18. Meg says:

You said it all without having to say it, really (and thankfully). Gah!
    Meg recently posted..Finding Common GroundMy Profile