Oh My Garlic: The Garlic & Harvest Festival

(Video link)

I got my fill and then some of beloved garlic today at the Garlic & Harvest Festival in Bethlehem, CT.

Garlic ice cream … garlic pickles … whole roasted garlic cloves …garlic vinegar … garlic pesto … garlic cannoli…. Yes, you heard that right: garlic cannoli.

Garlic and Harvest Festival, Bethlehem, CT

Garlic and Harvest Festival, Bethlehem, CT

I loved her garlic earrings and garlic wand, not to mention her garlic outfit and garlic hat

I didn’t care for the garlic ice cream, but one of my favorite things was actually the garlic cannoli. All the sweet, creamy, and crispy goodness of a regular cannoli, touched with a subtle savory hint of garlic.

It was fun to walk around at this celebration of all things garlic.

I experimented with interviewing people for the above video.

Editing the video, I quickly spotted my weakness as an on-camera commentator.

My only description of the food was the comment, “That’s garlicky!” (But, yes, it was garlicky.)

Marcy with garlic ice cream

Connecticut garlic festival

Garlic and Harvest Festival, Bethlehem, CT

What’s your favorite garlicky food?

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAP.S. I also completed a mini-challenge to interview some strangers and hand them my new blog business card. I felt more shy than I imagined I would be, but still managed to interview some people.

Some other Connecticut food posts:

This entry was posted in Connecticut, Food, Video and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Oh My Garlic: The Garlic & Harvest Festival

1. Vanessa D. says:

I love roasted garlic and with fall showing it’s colors I’m craving squash soup with roasted garlic.
    Vanessa D. recently posted..Bitchiness Is Not A BadgeMy Profile

2. Katie says:

Garlic pesto? YES! Garlic pickles? YES! Garlic cannolis? Um….not so sure. (I don’t love cannolis to begin with.) Did you invest in breath mints before attending???
    Katie recently posted..50 States? 50 Blogs!: GeorgiaMy Profile

3. Clare says:

Oh my gosh, this sounds so wonderful. I cannot get enough garlic, ever. But garlic ice cream? That seems like a bit of a stretch, even for me.
    Clare recently posted..The Silver BangleMy Profile

4. Alicia says:

I love the OMG (Oh My Garlic) spices that you showed! I usually take the bottle out and say “Oh My Good” but from now on I’ll just stick to “that’s garlicky!!” Nice video, looks like a beautiful day and a fun time!!

I need to work on my commentary. I’ll never get a show on the Food Network at this rate. Everything was really garlicky, though!

5. Paula Kiger says:

Oh my goodness ALL THAT GARLIC. I am intrigued by the mini challenge and will check it out! My fave garlic is roasted garlic, slathered on french bread with butter. Yummy Yum Yum.
    Paula Kiger recently posted..Pick My Get A Shot Give A Shot Band-Aid!My Profile

6. Amber says:

Ooo I would LOVE going to something like this. I love garlic so much.
    Amber recently posted..8 Things Security Forces Members (and Police Officers) Have To Deal WithMy Profile

7. Melissa says:

All those things sound so delicious!

8. Kat says:

An entire garlic FESTIVAL! All of that food has me drooling. So yummy and so so garlicky!
    Kat recently posted..Vlogging Workshop: Sugar Skull Makeup TutorialMy Profile

9. Was very impressed by you being brave enough to hand out blog business cards!!
    bogqueendiane recently posted..Holiday Observation #2My Profile

I am still so shy at heart that I did find that difficult. It was a lot easier, though, to give them a card instead of trying to explain the name of my blog and how to find it. Thanks!

10. Pingback: Year in Review: 2014 (MultiMEDIA Splice #5) | (Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish

11. Pingback: Examine the LARPers: How to Tell New England Fairs Apart | (Don't Be) Too Timid and Squeamish