About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
- Stranger Things in the Age of Trump
- What the Duckpin?
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Monthly Archives: November 2014
Every year for 15 years, I gather my sons in the yard to take a Thanksgiving snapshot. Some years there’s a turkey to baste, some we have to hit the road. Some years snow, some brilliant sunshine. Some years with … Continue reading
How many times have I been that teacher in the front of the room when the kids are supposed to be working quietly, but wave after wave of suppressed giggles come forward? Does it even matter whether someone really cut … Continue reading
My favorite storytellers have a zest for life, and they weave their enthusiasm into the smallest of details. Even if they are griping about an annoyance, their wonder at life’s inanities comes through loud and clear. So whether they make … Continue reading
Once, he revealed his true core: “Get mine– God gave dominion over the Earth and animals.” Speechless, I sputtered empty words: “Shame on you,” deeply serious, but he laughed. Later, I was just another pawn to use and discard. Shame … Continue reading