About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
- Stranger Things in the Age of Trump
- What the Duckpin?
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Monthly Archives: July 2015
Christine told me how to avoid the axing of assonance, the slaughter of simile, the killing of darlings: Exile instead. Save snippets like pulsing hearts, scraps like vital bones. Those darlings breathe on, beloved, to emerge in new pieces with old souls. … Continue reading
My #BlogHer15 Recap as a Timid and Squeamish VOTY Featured Honoree: From Excited to Terrified to Exuberant
TL;DR: I made it through my terrifying speech as a VOTY featured honoree just fine, met inspiring people, and learned a lot at #BlogHer15, and although I’m a timid introvert, I even socialized. #BlogHer15 Recap: The Long Version A shortened version of my video … Continue reading
Dress selected, shoes picked out, blogging business cards located from the back of a drawer. All that’s left is the excited anticipation for attending the #BlogHer15: Experts Among Us conference in New York City. That, and the packing. I will … Continue reading