About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
- Stranger Things in the Age of Trump
- What the Duckpin?
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Monthly Archives: August 2015
10 things I learned from the survivalist reality show Naked and Afraid: 1. After a few awkward minutes, no one will care if you’re naked in the wilderness. 2. There’s good naked and bad naked. (OK, I learned that one … Continue reading
SheKnows Media posted the speeches from the #BlogHer15 conference, and I finally got to see how my speech went down, free from the fog of memory and fear. I cued it up below to start one minute in, after my introduction … Continue reading
My students hadn’t thought twice about a stab in the back, or a robe drenched in blood; video games steeled them against such violence. But when Antony let slip the dogs of war, those sleepy adolescents marveled that Shakespeare made them shudder. … Continue reading