1. — Over the last year, I’ve photographed a few examples of the number 42 for a writing challenge I sometimes enter, but I recently started seeing the number all over the place. I’ve been scanning signs and price tags for it everywhere, and it keeps popping up. Does that happen to anyone else? No. Just me?
I’ll keep adding new ones to my 42 page as I find them. I know they’re out there.
2. — I’m clueless quite often, but how did I not know how easy it is to make a gif?
Excuse me while I go and make 20 gifs.
3. — I bookmark blog posts to read, but don’t always get to them right away (or, in this case, within six months), so my list of posts to read gets longer and longer (like that never-ending pile of papers I have to correct). With Easter nearing, I finally came upon this adorable clip of Jacques Pépin making olive and grape bunnies. Just wait for his punchline at the end.
(h/t The Kitchn)
I once had the chance to meet Pépin when I worked as a small town newspaper reporter, and he was appearing at a local event. I had never heard of him, thought it looked boring, and threw out the press release. Regrets, I’ve had a few…
4. — I try to be minimalist and avoid getting specialized gadgets, but I’m yearning for these Korean stone bowls. Bibimbap would be perfect for our next Stay at Home Date Night. Hey, they could be used for soup, too.
5. — This was my grandmother’s sewing machine, and I remember her letting me work the foot pedal as she sewed intricate little dresses for my dolls when I was a kid. I’d love to still have one of those dresses, but this gorgeous old machine will have to do.
6. — I do not succeed at being minimalist.