About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
- Stranger Things in the Age of Trump
- What the Duckpin?
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Monthly Archives: April 2016
I bounced along in a fast and much too dangerous canter, which I’d just learned is like a gallop with a missing beat. I had been trotting so well, too, even lifted a hand from the saddle to give my mother-in-law … Continue reading
Her hands are in my mouth, poking, scraping, setting up X-ray cards. I bide my time for a chance to complain. I stare at a spot on the ceiling, bright blue sky, white clouds, pink spring blossoms in the corner … Continue reading
A lone woman, burdened by sticks, enters the village square. Soon there’s another … seven … twenty. Their bonfire warms our cheeks, ignites our imaginations. They’ve circled, in blurs of accelerating joy, since before Spaniards arrived to conquer a land, … Continue reading
I love the move to digital photography with its endless chances to get the shot right, and I delete the bad ones as I go along. When I sifted through a box of old, curled up family photographs, though, I realized … Continue reading
I’ll admit it: I am drawn to the kooky. Whether it’s a challenge to host a Spambalaya Jambalaya dinner party, visit kitschy roadside attractions, or make guacamole ice cream sandwiches, I’m your woman. And since I never know when something I should … Continue reading