Blog Posts Through the Years
I blogged the least in my sixth year of blogging, but I still love this spot as a space to publish my writing and document the things going on in my life. In the heyday of this blog, I was completing my list of 101 things in 1001 days, and since then I’ve done fewer tasks like those sorts of challenges (milk a cow, take a trapeze class, to name two favorites).
I feel like the blog still reflects trying not to be “too timid and squeamish,” though, in that I’m now doing things that represent substantial changes to myself as a person, such as socializing more with a wider community, speaking out politically, and taking some small steps toward activism. Like millions of Americans, I’ve been consumed by the terrifying turn our country has taken with the rise and election of Donald Trump, and I’ve found myself focusing on the news and little else during the last year.
Funny Search Terms
Days can go by now without my checking my stats (now there’s a substantial change!), but
I still get a kick out of some of the search terms that bring people to my blog.
- she loves her milk straight man from the cow
- sounding sticks too timid
- tame your tiger now
- homemade timid
- wow head christmas riddle
- was prufrock timid
- nude girl milking a cow
- tiger image dangers
- nude cow girl with milk drop drink man
- best way to tackle timid and squeamish
- bad poker face rage comics
- keep your tiny hands off our rights (not funny at all, tbh)
I started a Photo a Day project on the first of the year, and I’m not sure yet whether I’ll keep it up, but I’ve been enjoying this bit of microblogging through the month of January.
Thanks to the readers who have come along for the ride during my sixth year of blogging. You’re one of my favorite parts of blogging, and my life is enriched by the peek you give me into different parts of the country and the world.
P.S. I updated this on 02/02/17 with an illustration of one of the funny search terms that I bought for five bucks on Fiverr, which has been a yearly tradition since my first blogoversary. (Not planning enough ahead was not part of the tradition, though.)
Previous blog anniversaries
- Peanut Zombies and Squeamish Vegans: My First Blogoversary
- Less Timid, Less Squeamish: My Second Blogoversary
- My Third Blogoversary, and Life Without a List
- Leaving “all or nothing” by my 4th blogoversary
- My 5th Blogoversary, and Love on a Copy Machine