About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
- Stranger Things in the Age of Trump
- What the Duckpin?
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Tag Archives: Facebook
Schadenfreude: pleasure derived from the misfortune of another, or, just maybe, from the fortune he never wanted Although he was my mortal enemy and chief bully during my formative years, my brother Steve and I reached a détente when I reached my … Continue reading
“Type. Swipe. Search. Upload. Download. Post. Stream. These are the new verbs of desire. Our most intimate thoughts, fantasies, and urges are now transmitted via electronic devices to rapt audiences all over the world.” — The Museum of Sex Bribery … Continue reading
Link to first list: 10 movies you’ve never seen, but should Some of these movies are sleepers; some are beloved ones that you may have forgotten. Here are 10 more movies you’ve never seen, but should: one all-time favorite movie … Continue reading
A noob* gets pwned* (*see glossary) My two sons and husband were amazed I could even die so early and thought I should get an achieve* just for doing so at level 1. I couldn’t help it. I was totally … Continue reading
#38. 101 things in 1001 days: Don’t complain about anything for a week. I survived the computer lab fiasco that is detailed in my cartoon above without complaining, only to be done in by ice cream, so I started over. … Continue reading
I am swearing off the Internet for a week. No Facebook, no email, no Huffington Post. I waste a lot of time mindlessly surfing the web, and I want to break the habit. I predict this will be a very … Continue reading