About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Half Behind, Half Ahead: A Photo-a-Day Roundup
- Eagles, Ospreys, and 42 Too: A Connecticut River Cruise
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Tag Archives: gardening
A final basement sunflower update? It doesn’t look like the last of my basement sunflower buds is going to make it to a full sixth flower. The plant, which was the largest and strongest, did well with the transfer outdoors … Continue reading
Planted at the wrong time, they broke through soil anyway, kept alive by a buzzing light. The long winter persisted, but they grew stronger, and laughed bright yellow blooms. In spring, they breathed fresh air in a world that now … Continue reading
While I’ll admit this is a fairly dull video of me unpacking my new worms, I did get a kick out of documenting my exuberant revulsion and my singsong, “Oooo, they’re alive.” (Video link) I set up my new worms … Continue reading
Today, I photographed the third sunflower that’s bloomed in my basement this long, cold, lonely winter. It’s a little burst of summer sunshine that I thought was perfect for the weekly photo challenge theme of “perspective.” Despite its beauty, a … Continue reading
“If a plant cannot live according to its nature, it dies; and so a man.” — Henry David Thoreau I called myself out back in November for not giving an earnest effort to grow sunflowers even though I had checked … Continue reading
Now that’s a fresh tomato! #37: Try to grow tomatoes again. 101 Things in 1001 Days.