About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
- Stranger Things in the Age of Trump
- What the Duckpin?
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Tag Archives: Greek mythology
I trawl through waters of indifference to teach twelve-year-olds of Sirens, but what do they know of longing? Sneaking gum into class, or texts at lockers, they ride the waves of their impulses, but can’t imagine a lure that could … Continue reading
“We read to know we are not alone.” — C.S. Lewis “Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.” — Groucho Marx They say you can find yourself … Continue reading
“The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man’s heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.” — Albert Camus I’ve declared repeatedly how empowering it is to face my fears and bask in my newly expanded comfort zone, … Continue reading
With the Internet down on a Saturday morning and the rest of the house asleep, I poured myself a cup of coffee and flipped through the pages of my newly published ebook. I had just gotten a message of praise … Continue reading