About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
- Stranger Things in the Age of Trump
- What the Duckpin?
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Tag Archives: milk
I had heard that it’s easy to make homemade ricotta cheese, so when I ended up stuck with two extra gallons of milk due to a grocery delivery mishap, the time to try it had arrived. It was easy. I … Continue reading
“Well, did you ever milk a cow? I had the chance one day, but I was all dressed up for Sunday.” — “We Can Talk,” The Band We all gathered round the cow and brushed her, to relax her and … Continue reading
UPDATE here (I did it!): Well, did you ever milk a cow? #1 (101 things in 1001 days): Milk a cow. It’s taken two years of looking for a willing cow, but I’ve finally found an udder to pull on. … Continue reading
Feeling like I was in the middle of a Shake Weight infomercial, I took my turn shaking the heavy cream to make homemade butter. To make about a half cup of butter, first I measured out a cup of heavy … Continue reading
Got sugar? Chances are, your kids do. Sugary, flavored milk is increasingly given to children twice a day in their school cafeterias. ———- An open letter to the Cheshire (CT) Board of Education: Kids today get bombarded by junk … Continue reading