About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Celebrate your courage; send me a postcard.
- COMPLETED: 101 Things in 1001 Days
- Confronting the Abyss at Trapeze School New York
- Driving Lessons
- 47 Years of Great Rock: You Say It’s Your Birthday
- Hey, Raw Meat!
- Hiking the Inca Trail, Day 2: Nobody Messes with Dead Woman’s Pass
- How to eat real food in 8 easy steps
- I Bust a Move on Dance Central a/k/a Cartoons Pity Me in My Basement
- If You Give a Mom a Blog
- In the days of my youth… Listening to Led Zeppelin
- It took me only 13 days to stop complaining for a week
- Just let go: Jump off a cliff
- Love in a Mixtape
- Mamas, Don’t Let Your Babies in Cages with Tigers
- Sleepers: 10 movies you’ve never seen, but should
- The Grid: 101 Things and Beyond
Tag Archives: my dad
If the evil laugh mwahahaha had existed back when my parents were still alive, it would have rung out around the kitchen table whenever someone got set. My mom and dad loved competition. Card games, board games, TV quiz shows: … Continue reading
My little brother and I would wait for the card game to end in the deserted ladies lounge. We got unlimited sodas from the bartender and a pocketful of quarters for the jukebox, playing “The Night the Lights Went Out … Continue reading
My stubby finger traced the groove’s curves, pushing aside the fresh sawdust and smelling its piney scent. “That’s a potato, Marcy,” my dad said. “Do you know where they have a lot of potatoes?” I had no idea. “In Ireland,” … Continue reading