About MarcyI'm tackling a series of challenges, and I'm becoming less timid and squeamish in the process. I'm also writing my memoirs, one scene at a time. Read more.
"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
- From Chicken Feet to Swan Boats: Birthday Fun in New York and Boston
- Photo-a-Day Challenge: Part Diary, Part Experiment, Part Oh-No-I-Have-Nothing-to-Take-a-Picture-of-Today!
- My Saliva’s from Ireland
- Cold, Old Boston and a Tavern Tour
- Activist Update
- My 6th Blogoversary: Continuing to Evolve
- At the Boston Women’s March: The Seeds are Planted
- New Year’s Day Paella, and Paella Through the Years
- Year in Review 2016: Top 12 Posts
- What I Ate on Christmas: Short Ribs, Milk and Cookie Shots, and Sangria
- Stranger Things in the Age of Trump
- What the Duckpin?
Top Posts & Pages
101 things in 3 minutes
Tag Archives: White Stripes
Hop on a 14-minute journey through the history of rock and roll. Starting with the classic rock of the Who in 1965, you’ll hear hard rock, psychedelia, roots rock, Southern rock, funk, punk, new wave, a quick nod to disco, … Continue reading
This week’s Twisted Mixtape theme is “if my life had a soundtrack.” Well, it turns out my life does have a soundtrack, as long as you take a stroll with me through my YouTube channel. I hope it’s not too … Continue reading
For Twisted Mixtape this week, it’s dealer’s choice, and I’d like to share five great songs with hidden messages. 1. “American Pie” by Don McLean Many rock fans know that rock and roll history is hidden in “American Pie,” but … Continue reading
UPDATE: I declared this didn’t count, and redid it–Climb a tree, take three: I’ll take it “I wish we were stuck up a tree Then we’d know that it’s nicer below” – “I Can Learn,” The White Stripes #12 (101 … Continue reading
(Video link) My sons are on the brink of manhood, which makes the mundane bits and pieces of our lives — an egg sandwich prepared for Father’s Day, an Impressionist painting for a school project, a new account for a very … Continue reading
Update: 50 Years of Great Rock Hop on a 13-minute journey through the history of rock and roll. Starting with the classic rock of the Who in 1965, you’ll hear hard rock, psychedelia, roots rock, Southern rock, funk, punk, new … Continue reading